Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Machine - Quilted Tote Bag

I got a new embroidery/sewing machine on Monday -- Brother Duetta 4500D. This is one fantastic machine. Push a button to thread it, push a button to raise or lower the pressure foot, push a button to cut thread, etc. You name it, it has lots of bells and whistles! Now there is nothing wrong with my ULT2001; it was serviced just last month and is in excellent condition. But hubby made up his mind that I should be upgraded to a newer machine so he started looking for the best deal that he could find. My Brother ULT2001 is for sale.





I just finished my first project tonight using the new machine. I have been wanting to take a baby step with quilting by making a quilted tote bag. I have been working on this tote all week whenever I had a little time to spare...getting the blocks cut and sewed together, then quilting it using fusible fleece for the backing, and finally actually making the tote. For my first attempt at quilting, I think it turned out pretty good.

I have a second project started, another tote bag and have the embroidery done on it. Since my new machine is a Disney machine, I embroidered Mickey Mouse. Robin has already staked a claim to it so I will finish it for her this weekend.

Luck, love and laughter,

Judy

3 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

WOW! This looks amazing! Judy, you are so talented! A Disney machine? How cool is that! I can't wait to see more! This tote is fabulous!

Curt in Indy said...

You are very lucky to have a husband like yours. . .what a guy! And you are so talented when it comes to the sewing! This is super and you did a wonderful job. It may have been your first attempt, but this project turned out as if you had been doing this for years! Great job! Best, Curt

RobinDiane said...

The tote turned out wonderful!