I used a really heavy craft interfacing so it will stand upright on its own.
I modified the pattern to make the handles longer so I can put it over my shoulder if I want to.
I also added a button and buttonhole so I can close it up for security.
I also added pockets inside for my cell phone and camera.
And last but not least I put my Designs by Nanny label in it.
This was a really fun project that cost me very little to make. I paid next to nothing for the material at estate sales. The flower trim came from a bolt that I got at an auction for almost nothing and the button came out of my button stash. I only had to purchase the ball trim and interfacing.
I'm ready to make another purse. I found some pretty black linen look fabric in my stash and Hancock's has some gorgeous beaded trims that would look fantastic on it. So I will probably be making a run to Hancock's today.
Luck, love and laughter,