Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thank You for Your Prayers

Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes. It has meant so much to me to know that I have such wonderful friends who were pulling for me while I was undergoing a very scary medical event.

As Robin told you, I started experiencing chest pains while I was getting ready for work Wednesday morning. In a matter of minutes the pain kept intensifying. I woke Ronny up and told him I was having chest pains and asked him to call 911. You have to understand that, for me to do that, the pain was really bad and I was really scared. The fire department was the first to arrive and that was probably within 40 minutes of when I first started having pains. Then the EMT's arrived, started working on me, and transported me to the hospital.

According to my doctor, I had a massive heart attack which on the scale used to measure severity peaked at 64. Anything over 50 is considered massive. The good news is that it peaked at only 64, he was expecting it to peak at about 90. By mid morning he had me on the way to the Cath Lab and did a heart catherization which showed 100% blockage in an artery. While he had me on the table he put in a stent. Once that was in place, the pain finally went away.

I came home from the hospital yesterday and it was so good to be back home. I am slowly moving around the house as I feel like it but also taking it very easy.

The ultra sound showed that my heart is weaker than the doctor thought it would be so I need your continued prayers that medication and life changes strengthened it. And I do have some major life changes to make with diet and exercise. I will start cardiac rehab in a couple of weeks.

So for now, I am looking for appetizing low sodium, low cholesteral recipes, making grocery lists for Ronny, taking short walks throughout the house, and waiting for my concentration to return full force so I can sit in my craft room and make cards. I am blessed that I have a lot of extended leave time accrued at work so I don't have to worry about a paycheck while I recuperate.

God bless each and every one of you. And thank you for your continued prayers.

Love,
Judy

12 comments:

America said...

Hi Judy! Just found your blog through Curt's message on his new post today. I had to come over here. OH MY GOODNESS, Im so sorry to hear about your sad health mishap. That must have been quite scary. I hope that your new life changes will make all the difference with your health for the better and many more tomorrows. I will cetainly say a prayer for you. :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Judy, I read what happened on Curt's and Glee's blog, and wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers and I'm wishing you a very speedy recovery! Take good care of yourself! hugs!

Jackie said...

Hi Judy, Curt mentioned your news on his blog and I am so glad to come over here and find that you are doing better! Take care of yourself and I hope you continue to improve every day!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Oh Judy!! I haven't been blog hopping, but I went to Glee's blog to see one of her Cutting Cafe' creations, and I read her post about YOU! Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you, and my thoughts and prayers are with you!! Please, please, please take good care of yourself!! I'm thinking of you!!

Dawn B. said...

Hi Judy.. I found you through Curts blog.. I too wish you all the best. How scary that must have been. Take good care of yourself and get rested up...

Percy said...

Hi Judy, I found you thru Curts blog as well. I hope you feel better soon....what a scare! Take it easy and do what doctor says so you can be on your way to feel better very soon! Blessings. Percy

Nina said...

Judy, it always amazes me how quickly they get everyone out of the hospital! Certainly a lifestyle change is at hand, but also the road to recovery. So, take it easy, follow your instructions and before you know it you will feel better then you ever have felt. Here's to a speedy recovery! :O)

Sue from Oregon said...

Judy, hope your recovery is quick and uneventful. Curt sent us over to give you big HUGS!

Sunshine said...

Judy, I was just over at Curt's blog and heard about your heart attack! God bless honey! My prayers are with you for a speedy and full recovery! hugz, Sunshine:)

Gina Wrona said...

Hi Judy,

I was sent over to your blog thru our mutual friend, Curt. He was kind enough to share your sad news, but I'm so glad you are home now and resting.

Take Care,
& Hugs,
Gina

lisa808 said...

Hi Judy,

I just learned from Curt that you have been through a terrible ordeal. I am so glad to read that your stent was succcessful and you are back home. Take care.

Lisa

Velta said...

Hey Girl!!! Found your blog through Curt...I have been saying a prayer for you ever since I left his site...You hang in there girl...now, let me see what you have been up to on your blog!