Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sewing Room Overhaul

We got a new super duper computer last week and I swear it will do everything except wipe your bottom for you. Let's see how long it takes hubby to figure everything out that it will do. Anyway I wanted to set up our old computer in my sewing/scrapbook/craft room since it has all my embroidery machine designs on it. This necessitated a major overhaul of the room but I finally have it set up. I just need my son-in-law, Bill, to see about getting an internet connection on the computer.

So I now have the big sewing machine cabinet that my Brother ULT 2001 sewing embroidery machine sits on, a desk to use for scrapbooking, a desk that the computer and backup sewing machine share, and a folding work table. With the two storage cabinets that are also in the room, there is not an inch of available wall space left over. I need a room three times as big as what I have.

Naturally after I finished all the hard work, I just had to use my new scrapbooking station so I did this layout. This picture of Addie was taken last year -- she loves to play around with her Great Uncle Earl's guitars.

I did the title on the new computer -- I think this is a neat font and one that I have not had before. I printed it on Calligraphy Parchment that I got last week at Office Depot. I love this paper for printing out titles and journaling.

I am ready to crawl in bed...I really wore myself out working on my room. Have a great week.

Luck, love and laughter,

Judy

5 comments:

RobinDiane said...

I love that font too! Layout is great. Like how you use those flowers I gave you. And of course the girl is toooooooooooooo cute. I'm not the least bit bias.

Bonnie said...

Wow!! It sounds like you have a great room to work in.....so fun!! I don't do a lot of scrapbooking anymore (what is the matter with me!!) but I love your layout......photo is an absolute cherish!!

Lisa said...

I love the layout...too cute!

Alhambra Club said...

What a wonderful photo, love how you placed it, great layout and rock star in the making.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

What a sweet photo, and I love your layout! Great job! Sounds like your space is awesome! (I need an area three times as big as what I have too!)