Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friday Sketchers Sketch #58

I absolutely fell in love with this week's sketch at Friday Sketchers, so much so that I made three cards using the sketch. I used the same stamped sentiment on each card but used a wide variety of color combos.

For the first card that I made, I used patterned paper from the DCWV Pocket Full of Posies Stack. I embossed the background cardstock with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. To make the different papers stand out and pop, I inked the edges. To finish it off, I used Mulberry paper flowers fastened with some really neat brads. I wish I could remember where I got these brads because I sure would like to get more.

Then some orange Primas caught my eye and I decided to do the same card using bright colors. The paper for this card is also from the DCWV Pocket Full of Posies Stack. Once again I did some embossing with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and inked paper edges to help the different papers stand out. Then I added the Primas and brads.


Was I finished with this sketch? Oh, no! I then decided I wanted a distressed or vintage look. So I selected paper from a K & Company designer paper stack. I distressed the edges and inked with Tea Dye Distress Ink. Then I finished off with Primas in coordinating colors topped with a button.


My embroidery machine has been in the shop for its annual service. So I took a ride to Benton this morning to see my granddaughters and pick up my machine. I am always so lost without it...just knowing it's not here if I want to use it.
It is hotter than blue blazes here in Little Rock today. I haven't heard the official high for today but I know it topped 100 degrees. That's too hot!!!

Luck, love and laughter,
Judy

3 comments:

Carole said...

Wow, stunning cards...such a variety of colours you've used...glad you liked my sketch!
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

debby4000 said...

Beautiful cards and wonderful colours you've used, great sentiment too.
luv
Debby

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Our horrible heat spell broke yesterday. I actually have the A/C off! I love turning it off! I hope it's cooled down a little for you! These cards are FABULOUS! Great color combinations on them all! I love them!