Monday, September 28, 2009

Dancing Hearts

Today's Magical Monday free image at There's Magic In The Air is called Dancing Hearts and the challenge is to make it sparkle. When I saw the image I immediately thought of an anniversary card. I knew I didn't want a red and white Valentine color scheme so started looking through my stash for something different and a little offbeat. I found some stripe paper that I liked and solid cardstock to go with it. This then gave me my color scheme for the image which I colored with colored pencils. Since the challenge was to make it sparkle, I went over portions of the image with stickles. The sentiment was cut on the Cricut using the Stamping cartridge. I added some more sparkle with gems and one flower stack. And here you have the results which can be used for an anniversary or even a non-traditional Valentine's card.

Luck, love and laughter,

Judy

4 comments:

Nina said...

Judy you have some lovely cards here this month! you have been busy busy! your dancing hearts card is so sweet and one day I will learn to pick my papers first, but I don't know what it is about me I always tend to color first and then try to match... not sure what I am thinking, but thanks for playing along this week over at TMITA!

Nilla said...

Beautiful card, love the blue sparkling color! Thanks for joining us at TMITA this week! Hugs Nilla

Gypsy said...

I LOVE all the bling on this card--the rhinestone heart--very glitzy! I also love the way you tied everything together-using the blues the complimentary rhinestones on each side of the card to balance it out.

Wagons of Friendship,
Gypsy

Curt in Indy said...

Another great card this week Judy! Love the idea of using the image for an anniversary card. I wish I had thought of that before I went through all I did (if you read my post you'll know what I'm talking about LOL). Thanks for playing with us this week! Best, Curt