Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday Sketchers #71 and More

I challenged myself this week to use at least two cuts from my Cricut on each card that I made. I decided that this is the only way that I am really going to become more comfortable using it.

Jeanette is the host this week at Friday Sketchers and she has a really wonderful sketch. The DT has some really wonderful cards that you need to check out. I decided to make a Christmas card using the sketch. For my image, I used the gingerbread man on the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I gave him a red bow tie and used red mini brads for his buttons. The sentiment was cut from the Beyond Birthdays cartridge. The patterned paper is from a Provo Craft pad.

I made this card for a cousin's birthday next week. The paper is from a K & Company Que Sera Sera pad. The butterfly was cut from the Stamping cartridge as was the sentiment. I cut the butterfly out of solid color paper and then cut a shadow out of patterned paper. Gems were placed down the back. I used stickles on the wings to give a little glitter and then did some distressing with Tea Dye distress ink after the stickles had dried. Ribbon and flowers were added.

This card was also made using paper from the K & Company Que Sera Sera pad and the Stamping cartridge. This is quickly becoming my favorite cartridge. I used the butterfly cut again adding gems to the back and mounted it on the card with small foam dots. The sentiment is also on the Stamping cartridge.

I couldn't get a very good pic of this last card. It looks much better than the pic shows. The frame was cut using Accent Essentials, the sentiment is on the Stamping cartridge as are the small butterflies. I lifted an idea from my friend Carole for the flower. I cut several flowers which are on the Walk in My Garden cartridge increasing the size 1/2 inch for each cut. I then embossed the flowers with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.



Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. We finally have some sunshine so it should be a great weekend.
Luck, love and laughter,
Judy

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining in the FS challenge this week. Hugs Jeanette