Saturday, November 29, 2008

My New Scrapbooking Desk

I have my new scrapbooking desk pretty well set up...I've worked on it all afternoon and into the evening. This was my father-in-law's roll top desk. Ronny and our grandsons picked it up yesterday before they went to the Arkansas LSU game here in Little Rock. The desk is huge and would not go through the doorway into my craft room so they had to leave it standing on its side in the entrance hall. Last night Ronny started removing about a million screws that hold the roll top to the base. He finished taking out the screws this morning and we finally got the roll top separated from the base. We got the roll top moved into the room and then he had to take the door to the room off to get the base in there. And it was a tight squeeze. Then the job of attaching the roll top back on the base began. We finally had it put back together and set in place about noon. What a project it turned out to be! I think I am really going to like it. There is so much space to keep everything -- a whole lot more than the little desk that I was using.

I couldn't wait to use the desk so I made this card tonight using Tamara's card sketch #72 for my inspiration.

My sewing and embroidery area is pretty well set up -- will post pictures of that area later.

I have a lot more storage organization to do -- fabric, etc. But I am going to take my time doing that. The main thing right now is that the room is to the point that I can sew, do machine embroidery, make cards and scrapbook.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a very enjoyable dinner at the home of my son-in-law Danny's sister.

Luck, love and laughter,

Judy

9 comments:

RobinDiane said...

Take care of my desk now. I don't look forward getting it out that room though!!!! The scrapbooking set up looks great.

Judy said...

For those of you wondering about my daughter's comment, Robin has made it known that she gets the desk when Ronny and I are no longer around. Her sister, Joy, has my mother's secretary desk.

Judy

Lucy Filet said...

That looks so nice! I would love to scrapbook there:).

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow! Judy, it looks fabulous! I love all the space and the places to organize! What a beautiful desk! That sounds like a lot of work getting it into the room! It was worth it though!

If you get a chance in December, come on back to ScrapCity once in a while! I loved when you and Robin would play with some of the challenges! The December challenges will be up in the next day or two. I know December is hectic, but stop by if you can!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

By the way! I love your card!! It's adorable!

Curt in Indy said...

Wow! This is wonderful! What a task that sounds like and what great work they did to get it in the room! Looks so nice and organized! Your card is wonderful and a great way to kick of the new space! Best, Curt

Lesli said...

It' a beautiful desk Judy!!!! I can see a lot of creativity beginning to take shape :)

Carole Beath said...

Wow, Judy, what a wonderful set up you have. And I loved your card.
Carole

Deb Wood said...

Awesome desk!! I think we can all use a little more organization, once I put something away, I tend to forget I have it!! Too lazy to look, but I have slowly been organizing and labeling my mess as well!!

Such a pretty card and I love the layout!!