Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today is my daughter and son-in-law's wedding anniversary......so Happy Anniversary, Robin and Bill. This is the card that I made for them using this week's Inspirational Card Sketches sketch #12.

The paper is from a Provo Craft Celebrations pad of paper. The lovebirds are a freebie download at Pollycraft and I used colored pencils to do the coloring. I added Mulberry flowers fastened with a brad and accented with grosgrain ribbon. Self-stick gems finished it off giving a little bling.

I love the way Karen finishes off the inside of her cards so I worked on the inside of the card also. (My attempt in no way compares to her gorgeous cards).

You've heard of writer's block. Well, I think I am experiencing cardmaker's block. I just can't seem to really focus on making cards. I see all these wonderful sketches but then just draw a blank when it comes to selecting paper, embellishments, etc. I look at my supply of paper and go YUK! Maybe I need to find some new paper designs to get my creative juices flowing again.

Luck, love and laughter,
Judy

5 comments:

Pearl said...

Love how you've designed the inside of your card too ! such happy colors together !

Thanks for joining in the fun with ICS !

Anonymous said...

Your card is `beautiful` Love the image and those colours Judy.....
`Thanks` for joining in with I-C-S this week:)♥

Tricia said...

terrific card! I love that you did the inside! I really need to start doing that more often! Glad you played with us this week at ICS!

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Judy what a sweet adorable card! Love that image and coloring! Your daughter and son-in-law is going to love it! Thank you for joining us! :)
♥Dawn♥

Carole Beath said...

Judy, what a darling anniversary card. I love those two birds.... and your coloring is wonderful.
Carole