Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lizard Witch Costume Update

We've come up with a solution to Addie's request for a "Lizard Witch" costume for Halloween. For the lizard, she is going to be dressed in camo pants and top and I am going to make her a tail out of camo material. Robin and Addie went shopping over the weekend for the rest of the costume. Addie picked out an orange hat and material for a cape. The material is black with yellow half moons and stars. So tonight I have been playing around sketching out a pattern for the cape.

Sarabeth's costume is easy. She wants to be Hannah Montana. I found a Hannah Montana iron on crystal design on ebay that I bought. That is going to go on a black tee shirt and tonight I cut out a black skirt for her. I'll glitz up the skirt with some decorative stitching and maybe some hit fix crystals. Joy is getting her a Hannah Montana wig and she already has black boots.

Today was a wild day at work. The phone went absolutely crazy this morning....I decided we must have a full moon 'cause "the natives sure were restless".

Luck, love and laughter,
Judy

6 comments:

Deb said...

Yay the lizard witch lives!! Can't wait to see it!!

RobinDiane said...

Yes, Addie is concerned when she will get her "material" back from nanny!

Kylie w Warszawie said...

You'll have to post pictures!

My boys are the"credible" Hulk and Batman and a giraffe (or duck or bumble bee).

Amy said...

Can't wait to see pics! Actually, I think it was a full moon last night..or close to anyway.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I hope you're going to post photos of the costumes! What lucky little girls to have such a talented grandmother! I was so spoiled by my mother-in-law. The costumes she made when the girls were young! Oh my goodness! She made clown/jester costumes, a Hershey's kiss and a Hershey's almond costume, princess satin costumes, Dorothy and Little Red Riding Hood, and then felt "poodle" skirts. I'm telling you, my girls ALWAYS had the BEST costumes. I cannot thank her enough for her time and talent!! We usually do thrift store costumes now. I'm trying to give my mother-in-law a break! What I really wish is that I could spend a week with her and she could teach me to sew from a pattern! I'm going to have do learn one of these days!

Sorry the you had a wild day at work. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see them dressed up, 2 cute!