Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lizard Witch Costume Update

We've come up with a solution to Addie's request for a "Lizard Witch" costume for Halloween. For the lizard, she is going to be dressed in camo pants and top and I am going to make her a tail out of camo material. Robin and Addie went shopping over the weekend for the rest of the costume. Addie picked out an orange hat and material for a cape. The material is black with yellow half moons and stars. So tonight I have been playing around sketching out a pattern for the cape.

Sarabeth's costume is easy. She wants to be Hannah Montana. I found a Hannah Montana iron on crystal design on ebay that I bought. That is going to go on a black tee shirt and tonight I cut out a black skirt for her. I'll glitz up the skirt with some decorative stitching and maybe some hit fix crystals. Joy is getting her a Hannah Montana wig and she already has black boots.

Today was a wild day at work. The phone went absolutely crazy this morning....I decided we must have a full moon 'cause "the natives sure were restless".

Luck, love and laughter,
Judy

6 comments:

Deb Wood said...

Yay the lizard witch lives!! Can't wait to see it!!

RobinDiane said...

Yes, Addie is concerned when she will get her "material" back from nanny!

Lucy Filet said...

You'll have to post pictures!

My boys are the"credible" Hulk and Batman and a giraffe (or duck or bumble bee).

Amy said...

Can't wait to see pics! Actually, I think it was a full moon last night..or close to anyway.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I hope you're going to post photos of the costumes! What lucky little girls to have such a talented grandmother! I was so spoiled by my mother-in-law. The costumes she made when the girls were young! Oh my goodness! She made clown/jester costumes, a Hershey's kiss and a Hershey's almond costume, princess satin costumes, Dorothy and Little Red Riding Hood, and then felt "poodle" skirts. I'm telling you, my girls ALWAYS had the BEST costumes. I cannot thank her enough for her time and talent!! We usually do thrift store costumes now. I'm trying to give my mother-in-law a break! What I really wish is that I could spend a week with her and she could teach me to sew from a pattern! I'm going to have do learn one of these days!

Sorry the you had a wild day at work. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see them dressed up, 2 cute!