Monday, January 18, 2010

Card Challenges

Hurray! I got some mojo back Saturday night. I went to a small crop with my daughter Robin and her friends.


Here I am hard at work. I made three cards using challenges. I used Nina's freebie digital stamp image (There's Magic in the Air Magical Monday - Stripes). The challenge was to use Miss Kitty and to use stripes somewhere on the project besides Miss Kitty. Then I used Dawn's sketch #49 (Inspirational Card Sketches) for the layout. Love it when I can combine sketches!





Bitten by the Bug 2 has a contest right now. The challenge for the contest is to make a Valentine project using any Cricut cut that you want but there has to be purple somewhere on the project. I made a card using cuts from the Accent Essentials and the Stamping cartridges.




For my last card, I used Sketch Girl's sketch #10 and made just a basic thinking of you card. As soon as I finished with it, Robin told me she needed it to send to someone at work who had had surgery. I made her take a picture of it for me before letting her have it.



I'm looking forward to seeing the sketches that are posted this week and hope to get some more cards made.


Robin had to take our granddaughter Addie to the emergency room at Children's Hospital Saturday morning. It turns out she broke her thumb in PE Friday. But it didn't seem to be slowing her down any. She came with Robin to the crop and had a big time.

Luck, love and laughter,

Judy




13 comments:

Amber said...

Beautiful cards Julie! I love them all! Well wishes to your Granddaughter! So happy you joined us this week at Sketch Girl!
Amber

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Great cards - I too love combining challenges, it creates an extra challenge! Thanks for sharing the sweet stories too, so funny that your Thinking of You card has already found a home. Hope you Granddaughter has a speedy recovery too!
Thanks for playing along with Sketch Girl!

DonnaMundinger said...

Looks like you had quite the productive day at the crop. I never seem to get anything done, LOL. Beautiful cards, all of them but of course I'm partial to the one for BBTB2. Thanks for entering the contest and good luck! Hope your little sweetie mends real soon! xxD

Carole Beath said...

Judy, it was so great to see you stop by my blog to say hello and how wonderful it was to see the pix of you working away at the Crop. Loved your cards...and the one for BBTB2 is my fav.... and you are looking great.

Harriet said...

What an adorable card...thanks for playing along with Sketch Girl .....

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Hi Judy!! How awesome to see you, and even more fantastic is hearing that you have mojo returning! I'll say . . . your cards are fantastic!! Sorry to hear that your granddaughter broke her thumb! Take care and have fun creating!!

Unknown said...

So glad you got your mojo back...I don't know that I've ever found mine so maybe I still have hope. Sorry about the little one's boo-boo!! Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl.

marley said...

pretty cards! thanks for joining us at ics!

RobinDiane said...

The cards are wonderful!

Jess said...

Fabulous cards! Looks like a fun time was had by all! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl!

Sara said...

Fab card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at sketch Girl

A Little Time said...

All of your cards are just darling! I do love the one with the shot of purple. ;)

Jeri said...

How unexpected to see that purple flower pop up on that red, black and silver card. Love it. Thanks for joining in the contest at BBTB2.