Friday, January 29, 2010

Laura's Sketch #44 & Friday Sketchers #87

Today's a pajama day -- we are having freezing rain and sleet and they are saying we could get up to 3/4 inch of ice before turning to snow later today. We've got a little lull right now but they are saying that is going to start up again. That much ice can wreck havoc on trees and power lines. I just hope we don't wind up losing power. Needless to say, I am in the house for the duration.

I used Laura's sketch #44 (2 Sketches 4 You) for this card. This cute monkey is on the Cricut Paisley cartridge. The paper is from a K & Company Carolyn Gavin designer paper pad. I added some ribbon , flowers, and self stick gems for his buttons to finish it off.


For this next card, I used Friday Sketchers sketch #87. Jeanette provided this great sketch. The paper is also from the K & Company Carolyn Gavin designer paper pad. And don't you just love this frog that is on the Paisley cartridge? I mounted him with foam to give some dimension on top of a red heart doilie and added a foam heart to his chest.

It's almost time for the noon news and I am going to see what the latest is on the weather.

Luck, love and laughter,

Judy

8 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

What darling Valentine cards! Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

Stampin'Piper said...

Great cards with funny images :)

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

Have a great weekend, Hugs Tanja

Laura Davis said...

Oh so cute! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

RobinDiane said...

Cute cute cards, Momma!

cnelson said...

These are absolutely darling! love them!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Both of them are fantastic and wonderful. I love your monkey.

Hugs
Anja

Jeni Glee said...

These cards are just ADORABLE, Judy! Oh how I LOVE pajama days!!!!

I hope that you are feeling better and better each and every day!

Vivian said...

I also live in Arkansas and declared the day yesterday (Friday) as a stay in pajamas and quilt day. It was greatl