Thursday, February 26, 2009

Card Sketch A Day #176 and #178

I've made two cards this week using sketches from Card Sketch A Day.

I used sketch #175 to create the first card. I dug through my paper stash and found this sheet of paper that I had picked up on sale at the scrapbook store in Searcy last summer. I added some grosgrain ribbon from my extensive stash of ribbon that I got about a year and half ago at an auction of inventory from a fabric store. I then stamped on a large Prima and added a red gemstone brad. A very simple and easy to put together sketch.





For the second card, I used sketch #178. This paper is also some that I picked up on sale in Searcy. The sentiment was stamped using a stamp from my Whimsical Words and Doodles stamp set. I added Primas in graduated shades of blue with a self-stick gem in the center of each flower. To finish it off, I raided my stash of ribbon and added ribbon bows.

Judy

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

These are both great Judy! I love the patterned papers, the flowers, and the ribbons on both! Great job!

Lisa said...

I love these cards, you should come over to Scrap City we had a sketch crop this week and there are some great sketches.