Sunday, September 7, 2008

Guest Designer

My hubby, Ronny, has been looking for a hobby to occupy his spare time and keep himself from vegetating so much in front of the TV. He thought at first he would like to work with stain glass but after much research, he determined that we really don't have the space that would be needed to do this type of work.


He has always had an interest in leathercraft (he did some many, many years ago in school) and decided that he would like to pursue it as a hobby. So over the last few weeks, he has been buying some tools and kits on eBay. And visiting our local Tandy store. He finished his first project this evening......this belt buckle.





This was a kit with the design already stamped on it. He painted it and did the lacing. I think it is gorgeous and really wonderful for his first project.


Luck, love and laughter,


Judy






2 comments:

Lucy Filet said...

That's wonderful!

I, too, wanted to pursue stained glass. Every time I ever saw it on "that's Clever" back in the States. I've settled on window painting, that looks like stained glass and is removable.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

WOW! Talent runs in the family!! I think stained glass would be amazing to create! I'm glad that he found something else creative to work on. This is really fantastic, and how sweet of you to post it on your blog!! I love it!