Saturday, September 13, 2008

Waiting for Ike

It's very cloudy here in Little Rock and we are waiting for Ike to make his presence known.....probably this evening. I am looking out the window and I can see that a little breeze has started up. I know that Ike has now been downgraded to a tropical storm so hopefully by the time he gets this far north he will be a tropical depression or less. Let's just hope that he doesn't stall out over us and hang around here as long as Gustav did.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who were in Hurricane Ike's path in Texas and Louisiana. We have a cousin in Houston who is okay. They do have water damage in their home from water coming in under the doors and of course, no power. My MIL not been able to reach her brother in Houston so hopefully he and his wife are safe.

I am spending the day working on sewing projects and getting laundry finished and have the TV on in the background tuned to The Weather Channel.

Luck, love and laughter,
Judy

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

These storms are just one right after the other . . . it's crazy! Stay safe!

Lucy Filet said...

I can't get ahold of my family. I think their phones are out. Hubby's family is well, only lost a tree and a fence. Everyone is without power. My sister and dad live about a mile from Hubby's parents, so I'm sure they're okay too, just without power, water and phone.

SIL lost a tree (everyone loses a tree) and some shingles. BIL is stuck in LA where he went for a visit before he heard the storm was coming:). He unintentionally evacuated.