Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Page Plans Card Sketch #20


I used Page Plans card sketch #20 as the inspiration for this card. The paper is from Basic Grey Ambrosia 6x6 paper pack. I just love the paper in this pack. The sentiment was done on the computer and I inked the edges. Added ribbon and a Prima flower fastened with a brad.

Gustav has made his way to Arkansas. It has rained continuously all day with 20 to 25 mile per hour winds, sometimes gusting up to 30 or 35 miles per hour. The 6:00 weather tonight said Gustav is still a tropical depression centered over Texarkana but should downgrade to a low pressure system very soon. The weather forecasters are saying we could get 5 inches or more of rain over the next couple of days. Now, I just heard that there are tornado warnings in the northern part of the state.

My DH said our power was off here at the house for about 6 hours today....there was some kind of problem at the substation that services our area. The bad thing about it was power was also off at a church near us that is housing about 300 evacuees from Louisiana. Robin just called a few minutes ago and said that the power has gone out at her house tonight. Our energy companies have sent crews to Louisiana so they are short staffed to handle local outages.

I am wiped out tonight. Had a very busy day at work and this weather is really dragging me down. So I think I will put on my nightgown, crawl in bed with a book, read and listen to the wind and rain.

Luck, love and laughter,
Judy

1 comment:

Lucy Filet said...

That paper is gorgeous! I love the retro feel of it! Too bad I don't need any more paper.

I hope all goes well and not too many tornadoes. I grew up in Houston, so I am so familiar with hurricane season:).