Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Creativity

I did this layout for the Scrap City July wild card challenge. This month it is a recipe challenge. The recipe to use is:

patterned paper from at least two different manufacturers
buttons
inking or stamping
flowers
bling

Most of my layouts are basically very simple in design with minimal use of embellishments. Consequently, this was a real challenge to me to include more things in a layout than I normally do. I was working outside my comfort level.

My recipe included:

Patterned paper: The Paper Studio Hot Pink w/white dots and SEI Doodly-doo Girl Bursting Bloomers

Buttons: 3 buttons selected from my stash of vintage buttons

Inking or Stamping: I used a Sassafras Lass stamp and also tried distressing the sentiment paper with blue ink using a small foam paint brush

Flowers: From my stash of silk flowers

Bling: A rhinestone brad in the center of each flower; also I sprinkled small hot fix crystals randomly on the floral paper (unfortunately they don't show up in the picture)

Overall, I am pleased with the layout.

Luck, love and laughter,

Judy

4 comments:

Lucy Filet said...

It's adorable! I love the stamp and flower over it, they go so well together!

Lisa said...

So cute! You rocked that challenge!

RobinDiane said...

Great job! Love that patterned paper.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Judy -- this was an awesome challenge for you, because this layout is AMAZING! I love the two patterned papers, and you can see the sparkle you added (because I clicked on the layout to see it larger!), and the swirl/flourish you stamped by the large flower is fantastic! This is one wonderful layout my friend! I love it! Oh yes, your granddaughter is adorable!! (But you already know that!!)