Monday, July 7, 2008

Page Plans Sketch #12

I made two cards using Lesli's card sketch for Page Plans Sketch #12 and incorporated them into my challenge to myself to create Rosh Hoshanah and Hannukah cards using the materials that I have on hand or can obtain locally.
Card #1.

This card really challenged me using supplies that I currently have. I don't have very much paper suitable for Hannukah. The sentiments were done on the computer. I inked all the edges with blue ink. I have a Star of David stamp and a menorah stamp from a little $1.00 set that Robin gave me a few months ago. I embossed the Star of David with blue tinsel embossing powder and the menorah with marcasite powder. After carefully cutting them out, I affixed with stickly foam squares to give them a little dimension and make them stand out.

Card #2.

At Rosh Hoshanah, eating apples dipped in honey for a sweet New Year is traditional and this is the theme for this card. The paper is from the K & Company Urban Rhaposdy designer paper pack and a pad of Cricut Rainbow paper. I used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut the scallops and the apples. The bee hive and bee are from a Keepsake 3-D embellishment set that I got at Dollar General.
Luck, love, and laughter,
Judy

6 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Beautiful!

Your previous post got me thinking about WHERE I had seen something about Jewish Scrapbooking, and I remembered the Jessica at ScrapCity had something in her signature. I just went to check it out, and she is a member or a designer at Jewish-Scrapbooking.com. I just looked, and there is a "links" section with product information.

Take a look at:
http://jewish-scrapbooking.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=13&Itemid=23

Hope that works.

BTW, glad I could help with the "shadow" feature on the Cricut!!

Alhambra Club said...

These cards came out great, living in South Florida, it is easy for me to obtain Chanukah and New Year paper and embellishments

RobinDiane said...

Great cards. I love the scalloped edge!

Lucy Filet said...

I love your menorah and star of David! They're so shiny:).

Very nice cards, as always!

And I always sing loudly and embarrass my daughter. I LOVE it! And I used to think that my father was insane, now I know it's just plain fun!

Lesli said...

Wonderful job on the cards Judy. I love how you incorporated the Jewish holiday into them. I have a stamp book from some years ago that has some great ideas for Jewish Holiday Card Making. Let me know if you would like to borrow it - I will happily send it to you!

mica said...

Hi. I just came over from Lesli and Chris's Page Plans. These cards look very lovey. And your work in the slides look fantastic!!