Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tamara's Sketch #52

I made this card yesterday at our scrapbooking crop using Sketches! {by Tamara}'s card sketch #52.


I got the dreidel die cut from 1-800-DREIDEL and mounted it on blue glitter paper that I got at Michaels. The sentiment was stamped.



Today I did this layout of the kids lighting the Hannukah candles last year using Tamara's layout sketch #52. My grandsons helped my granddaughters and my little great-nephew light the candles.


I layered two shades of blue cardstock to mat the pictures and then outlined the pics with zig zag stitching on the sewing machine using gold metallic embroidery thread. I wasn't sure how well the metallic thread was going to stitch out on paper (it can be difficult to work with) but it stitched just fine. I then cut a flower with shadow on the Cricut and topped it with a Star of David embellishment. Lettering was done on the Cricut.


Luck, love and laughter,


Judy

6 comments:

Jeni Glee said...

Judy, you are just amazing! Your card just "shines" and I love it. When I saw the layout, I just gasped! It is perfection; I love the colors you chose as a backing to those wonderful photos! I especially love how you let the photos be the main point! Nice work, my Friend!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Great use of Tamara's sketch! Love it! I love the photos on your layout. It's so nice that the older kids are helping the little ones! Great layout!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, two beautiful projects!!!

TFS!

~Hugz!!

Lucy Filet said...

I love them. I'm glad you're finding ways to create for Hannukah and Rosh Hoshanah.

Lisa said...

Awesome job on the card and the layout!

Deb Wood said...

These are fabulous! I love the colors and your family is precious!!!